Thursday, February 23, 2012

MOCKING DEATH !

_mg_3281

MOCKING DEATH ! 

I thought I was the craziest person on this Earth who presented Life celebrating dance sequences 

where my dearest mother passed away the same morning.
I had gone through a big ordeal of sleepless nights ,emotions of watching the loved one suffer & final departure of my mother who left her mortal body right in front of my eyes.
I stood strong by her side throughout her hospitalizations, treatments & medical care, chanting Vishnu Sahasranama mantras & her favorite devotional songs all the while & she loved it. 
I was right next to her holding on to my faith that God's name & music would penetrate deep in to the consciousness of a person & touch the soul & so continued to sing & chant.
Even when she was in coma her skin would release the wrinkles & relax during the singing.
My mother was a great spirited lady who celebrated life beyond the illness of her Body.
After saying bye bye to my love i did a performance the same evening !!! 
24 hrs have passed & now it is hitting me....
I was the craziest person on this Earth to do a performance the same evening...

Why did i do it ..i don't know ... Untill a good friend pointed out that,i actually 
MOCKED death by showing the world GOD'S answer to him...
To spread the light,
To spread optimism ,
which is DANCE.

 

Posted via email from Abhinava Dance Company

No comments:

Post a Comment