Sunday, January 15, 2012

Balancing Dharma & Karma :

Bntym
Before i tell you my story ,i seek your prayers & wishes to pass through these two forthcoming concerts in Bangalore.
1.Bharathanatyam solo by Nirupama Rajendra for Bangalore Habba on 18 th January at Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan Race Course Road.
2. Kathak & Bharathanatyam choreographies of ABHINAVA ensemble on Jan 21 st for Indiranagar Sangeetha Sabha at Purandara Bhavana,Indiranagar.

My story :

Art is our life . To reverse it & live Life as Art is nice as a concept,beautiful to read & hear from great spiritual masters  , but to live it in actual is something else, like arjuna standing in the middle of kurukshetra bewildered,
 i am right now in the kurukshetra of life,torn between dharma as a daughter & karma as a dancer.

Everybody knows that good art requires focussed time , dedicated efforts & above all a high spirited mode of being.Since dance is a medium to sharing immense beauty , joy & emotions & makes use of the body mind & spirit as the instrument it's all the more challenging when the tuning of the instrument gets disturbed.

My dearest mother who loved life so dearly is now slowly losing it.She is hospitalized for past ten days with complications.As a result,we have been in unpredictable situtations ,l we have been iterally living in the  hospitals ,constantly talking to doctors , managing nurses.

I am sure many have people have been in such situations of having to experience the suffering of a loved one but the challenge  here is that with this background we have to be in an inspired mode to deliver quality art .

Initially like Arjuna i withdrew from performances but I realize I am incomplete without dance.

I am so grateful to our friends , students & family members for their loving support in this juncture.
I am hoping to draw my strength from all your wishes & do the performances.
I don't know how far i will be successful but at least I have your prayers.

Thank you.
-Nirupama  Rajendra

Posted via email from Abhinava Dance Company

No comments:

Post a Comment